the TAMIS System
The TAMIS® system permits a robust evaluation of the medical risk for travel and has been designed to be easily operated by non-medically trained users in both an online or call centre environment.
The streamlined, structured process takes account of a number of risk parameters including, but not limited to; type of policy, duration of travel and age profile in combination with medical risk. An immediate decision of cover is provided based on the scheme underwriting criteria and can return your choice of a score, risk band, additional premium and/or increased excess in any chosen combination.
The screening process is typically completed within 5-7 minutes and the decision is fully documented for the client on insurer-branded paperwork via email or HTML-formatted print-friendly web pages. Being fully web-enabled, Insurers, Claims Handlers and Assistance Companies are afforded easy access to screening data via a secure web portal 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The system maintains a full audit trail, clearly tracking revisions and amendments on every screening.
Clear, Concise and Focused
The medical index, consisting of some 4,000 conditions, assigns a relevant set of clear, concise and focused medical questions, designed to gauge the severity and stability of each condition. The index is constantly reviewed and updated, with updates immediately made available to all users. The question sets have been carefully designed according to the type of condition and client profile. TAMIS® will never repeat questions unnecessarily and will never ask inappropriate questions of minors, ensuring a smooth, timely and considerate screening.
Compiled by Experts
TAMIS® has been compiled by experts in software, insurance and clinical research, with involvement from support groups and charities (including The British Heart Foundation, Diabetes UK and Stroke Association) in order to evolve in line with market needs.
Why Choose TAMIS® Software
- Proven, accurate, reliable results from the industry-renowned TAMIS® risk-rating engine since 2002.
- Available to licence as a Microsoft desktop application and either as a standalone web-based system or full, seamless integration into an existing online sales platform with the option of secure broker logins and/or public-facing self-screening websites.
- Experienced, friendly, professional team of trained medical screening operators in our Orpington call centre.
- Remote users fully supported by a dedicated support team via telephone, email and web chat.
- Large, organic, managed medical index of over 4000 medical conditions, each with its own description and ability to apply a condition-specific instruction to the user. Amendments and additions to the index, descriptions, instructions and loadings are made centrally and instantly applied to all users of the TAMIS® system.
- Medical index comprised of Condition/Procedure Name, Alias and Blind Alias, allowing searching by alternative terminology and common misspellings. Exact matches are highlighted and brought to the top of the results list for ease of use.
- Recognition of potentially related or synergistic conditions with cross-condition logic and loadings.
- Intelligent question sets with answer-dependent questioning and no unnecessary repetition.
- System-generated medical screening documents, including a covering letter and questionnaires available to print or email instantly.
- Managed, backed-up database housed in a secure data centre.
- Flexible scheme configuration offers a combination of outcomes: agreed, declined, increased excess and/or additional premium. Premiums can be tiered based on age band, trip duration and/or geographical area. Schemes can be weighted based on geographical area, cancellation time and cancellation value.
- Customisable preliminary question sets and country sets which can be varied by insurer, scheme and/or geographical area.
- Option to include an early declinature point for high risk cases to avoid unnecessary additional questioning.
- Full audit trail for edited/amended cases. Ability to specify the maximum number of days a case may be edited.
- Option to carry across case information to avoid repetitive data entry when screening a relative or quoting for a different policy type.
- 24-hour read-only external access to existing cases for insurers, assistance and claims companies via a secure web portal.
- Flexible, fast, clear reporting of any required data.